|Energizing Power Protein Salad|
This was a new recipe for us and we REALLY liked it...definitely an "add" to our usual repertoire. I did alter it a bit from the original - but that's what I love about cooking - the ability to make it your own and use what you have...sometimes it works, sometimes not so much. In this case it worked - so yay!
Energizing Power Protein Salad
Adapted from Oh She Glows
1 c. sweet brown rice (I used Ohsawa brand which I love)
1 c. sprouted quinoa
1/2 c. sprouted mung beans
3/4 c. chickpeas
2 t. evoo
2 cloves garlic
1 medium onion
1 large red pepper, chopped
3 carrots, peeled & chopped
1 zucchini, chopped
1 large tomato, chopped
1/4 c. fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
3 T. evoo
1/2 t. garlic powder
1/2 t. red pepper flakes
1/2 t. cumin
3/4 t. Himalayan Pink Salt
fresh ground pepper to taste
1. Cook grains and beans according to package. Place in a large bowl.
2. Blend onions and garlic with emulsion blender (saves time chopping and mincing).
3. Heat evoo on low in large skillet.
4. Add liquid onion/garlic mixture. Saute for 5 minutes.
5. Add all veggies and saute on med-low for 6-8 more minutes (until soft, but not overcooked).
6. Meanwhile prep the dressing in a small bowl, whisk to blend.
7. Pour the veggies over the grains and add the dressing. Toss to blend.
8. Serve & enjoy!